Purchasing jeans can be intimidating if you are self-conscious about your stomach. But don’t be alarmed! wearing a pair you adore and still looking fantastic. We’ll go over all the different fits, styles, and accessories you can use to look good in denim in this article. Continue reading to learn how to pick the perfect pair of jeans and rock them with style.
A high-waist pair of jeans is the best option for hiding FUPA because they will sit above your tummy. FUPA, also known as the “fat upper pubic area,” sits above the pubic bone. For example, if you have an apple-shaped body, the denim should have wider hips and a smaller waist to create a flatter abdomen and a shapely waist.
Information You Should Know
- For a completely flattering look, try on a pair of straight, slim, or skinny jeans that fit well and aren’t too tight.
- Put together an amazing look that will highlight your curves without emphasizing your belly by pairing tailored blouses with a pair of tight jeans.
- Dark-colored denim has a slimming effect, so slide into dark-wash or black jeans.
- Avoid wearing baggy jeans and loose blouses because they will not enhance your silhouette and may even make your stomach appear larger.
I’ll break down this topic into two sections: the first will teach you how to choose the right jeans for your body, and the second will teach you how to style those jeans.
Section: How to pick the best jeans for your body
- Look for “straight,” “slim,” or “skinny fit” labels on your jeans. Try on each style to find the right pair that feels snug and well-fitting without being overly restricting, which could be extremely uncomfortable and give the appearance of unwanted rolls. Don’t wear baggy jeans. Typically, these styles are described as relaxed, boyfriend, or wide-leg. Your stomach may appear larger than it is in loose-fitting jeans, which will also hide your lovely figure.
- The most crucial factor in feeling confident and at ease with your belly while wearing jeans is choosing the appropriate size. Before deciding which pair to buy, try on a variety of sizes. Ask the salesperson if the sizing of the jeans changes after washing, as this may indicate that you need to select a different size. Even if the jeans are your usual size, make sure they fit properly. You can hide “FUPA” (fat upper pubic area) if you prioritize finding the right size.
- Choose dark-wash or black jeans for a slimming effect. Because they focus on your legs rather than your stomach. To determine your favorite color, try dark navy, charcoal, dark grey, and black jeans. Avoid wearing white or light-wash jeans because they will draw attention to your belly.
- Mid-rise and high-rise jeans help to conceal your stomach. If your stomach is a concern for you, these jeans are the most attractive shape. Do not wear low-rise jeans. These don’t cover your belly and frequently result in a “muffin-top,” which can be bothersome.
- Check how the material feels against your tummy while you are wearing the jeans. Instead of being loose or flimsy, the fabric should feel secure and firm, like a control top. Check that your belly feels supported but not constricted.
- Choose jeans with a stretchy waistband, such as Spandex or elastic. To achieve a more comfortable fit, choose a stretchy waistband. This will allow it to expand if your stomach needs a little more room.
- Depending on how long your legs are, there are numerous different lengths of jeans. Finding a pair that brushes your ankles is the most flattering for any shape because it lengthens your legs, so try on a few different lengths in your preferred size. Stay away from wearing jeans that are too short or that bunch up at your ankles.
- The fly and pockets of the jeans should be simple and plain because they are the parts of the garment that are closest to the area you want to conceal. Your belly won’t be highlighted if you choose jeans with a straightforward zipper. Instead, you’ll emphasize your general body shape for a more streamlined appearance.
Section: Jeans styling tips
- Choose shapewear that focuses on your midsection. Choose a size that is both cozy and not too tight. To make sure the size is right for you, it is preferable to try on shapewear in person rather than ordering it online. It won’t look slimmer if you choose a smaller size in shapewear than what fits you. Instead, you’re likely to be very uncomfortable, and the constrictive shapewear may cause some bulges.
- To pair with your jeans, choose your favorite tops in a size that fits you well. Your body should not feel overly clingy or constrictive when the fabric is draped over it. Avoid putting on baggy tops because they might make your belly appear bigger than it is and won’t highlight the features you like. Tops with structure and a tailored fit are excellent for hiding your belly and highlighting your figure.
- Consider choosing asymmetrical tops, blouses, shirts, and tunics. Try on various asymmetrical top styles to see which ones you like best. For instance, tops with an asymmetrical hem or drapes are very flattering to wear over jeans because they conceal your belly. By drawing attention away from your stomach, asymmetrical tops help to give you style and shape.
- The most attractive length that will work to cover your stomach, whether you have chosen a fitted or asymmetrical top to go with your jeans. Tops that fall below the top of your thighs will look baggy and will not enhance your best features. Avoid tops that are shorter than your hips, such as crop tops. These will highlight your stomach.
- Wear high-waisted jeans to give your figure a more “cinched” appearance without a bulging belly. To find the position that is most aesthetically pleasing for your shape, try wearing the belt at various heights along your torso. Depending on your figure, your high waist or low waist should be where you wear your belt.
- Blocks, wedges, stilettos, and high heels will lengthen your legs and give you the appearance of being leaner. When wearing skinny jeans, go for them. Flats should be worn with baggy pants.